





Here are some photos from this weekend at Whitefish/Big Mountain/West Glacier area. Being the last days of March, the amount of snow that the area recieved was insane. Thanks to this weekend's storm, Big Mountain, the ski resort between Whitefish and Glacier, surpassed its all time record for snow in a season (the relatively low elevation mountain has got about 35 ft of snow as of March 31). It was the most exciting riding I've experienced. When the lifts started running Sunday morning, the people were whootin and hollerin and cheering all because of the late season gift from the clouds. The cheers were like being at a concert, except there was no band playing. And you couldn't tell where the lift was gonna take you due to the white-out. It was pretty nuts. Riding on the snow was like riding on clouds...I had some deadly biffs that were like a walk in the park.What made the weekend even more special was that my mom was with us (see below blog). We ate some really good food, drank some good drink, and my mom got a taste of ski culture in Montana. I loved having my mom there, and seeing her off today at the airport was tough cause I know she's gotta go home about 2,000 miles away :(. But we'll be coming back to the Ozarks in just a few weeks :)!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment