Friday, February 29, 2008

Wok'n all night long!


Up until an hour ago, we were kinda scared of this hole in the wall suhsi joint called Wok n Roll in Helena. We weren't scared because it was painted pink, or because it has an inordinate amount of neon, or even because its damn near out of the city limits. We were mainly scared because it was never, ever open when we first arrived to Helena 7 months ago, and even recently, it appears to only be open at certain times that are not predicitable.


Jami and I went tonight to celebrate my belated birthday and my Montana Bar Exam. We were promptly seated and proceeded to get into a little fight over nothing (which we are good at). The date was looking somewhat dire around the time the enthusiastic Japanese woman took our orders. About the time the seaweed salad was served, I think the word that would describe the look on our faces would be "sour."


Then we got our sushi...


Jami and I were quickly transported from tif to dual vision quest. Together, we rode white horses through the pearly gates of heaven, where I told St. Peter to keep it gangsta. We traveled throughout eternity, saw sabre-toothed tigers, mammoths, australopithecus, the dinosaurs, the first protozoans, and for a brief moment, we even understood Abiogenesis. When we got bored with that, we rode a love rainbow all the way back to our pink booth, where Jami had to make a serious effort in containing herself so as not too scare the waitress with her praise.


Jami says its the best sushi she's ever had, and I'd have to agree. The flavor, freshness and presentation was top notch. 5 stars.


-Chuckus

No comments: