





These new pictures represent a hell of a good (albeit unexpected) week! Ben Dickerson came out to Big Sky Country, and in the relatively short amount of time he was here, he managed to put a lot of miles underneath him. Ben has always been one of my true friends--we've known each other since pre-school--and it was really good to hang out with him after quite a long time of not having done so. Thanks to Ben, I got to check out several spots that I have honestly always wanted to check out, but still never done--and I'm serious, I think I can check off about three places on my Montana bucket list that include Jester's Bar, the West side of the Crazy Mountains, and downtown Livingston. Also, we went to a real cowboy tavern for food and beer in Clyde Park, where many of the locals that hang out apparently work at the Marlboro Ranch. It was really cool, and the food was good. Ben ordered the seafood platter, which was all deep fried and included halibut, clams, shrimps, and calamari and maybe more??? Even though the boy can eat, he had a ton of food left. When the waitress saw that, she commented that if she were Ben, she'd dice it all up and cook it with eggs and cheese in the morning. Ben nodded as if to confirm her good idea and I think I just said "Whoa." Even though it somehow seemed cool that the Marlboro ranch was part of the local scene, the message to all you kids is still the same: SMOKING KILLS. Beautiful spot, though. It's nestled in a valley between 3 huge mountain chains--the Crazys to the east the Bridgers to the west and the Absaroka to the south.
We were super sad to see Ben leave and wanted to hang out more, definitely. But we've resigned to the fact that we will be seeing each other soon in search of the elusive Chupacabre.
No comments:
Post a Comment