



Glacier National Park is one of the most stunningly beautiful places on the continent. Most outdoor enthusiasts have their favorite secret spots...places that they stumbled upon by accident...places that are not labeled on the map...places that they discovered in the right moment, when the light was just perfect. Glacier is not this place. But then again, it is. Alot of work has been done to make the drive from St. Mary's Lake to the West Glacier entrance arguably the most scenic drive in America, and every summer, the masses arrive to discover and re-discover this park. However, Glacier also knows how to keep its own secrets. And that's all that really needs to be said. From the handicapped to the hardcore (and even the hermits), Glacier can charm anyone within its spectrum of yearly visitors.
Here are some pictures we recently got at Glacier. The first snow of the season had fallen in the highest elevations, and it may have been me, but that snow looked like the whitest snow I had ever seen. There are some pretty majestic photos, but I really think my favorite photo was one that I got by surprise. I was on a large bluff overlooking Hidden Lake, and I was getting annoyed by all the people that happened to be around (even though I was obviously one of them) so I sort of walked off away from everyone and actually found a good spot to take some landscape photos where there were no other people. I was playing around with the manual focus on the camera when all of a sudden, I felt like I was being watched. And I was. Check out the first picture to see who was watching me.
No comments:
Post a Comment